Poor oral hygiene can affect your health which can lead to dental cavities and gum disease which has also been linked to cancer, diabetes, or heart disease. I’m not trying to scare you with these facts. The good news is that we can teach our children to practice good oral hygiene at a very young age. So, today I am going to Introduce the GC Tooth Mousse Strawberry.
It all started when my 6-years old daughter suffered from a severe toothache for almost a week, that I have decided to bring her to our family dentist, Dr Mary Dong. Gratefully, it was she who has recommended this amazing mousse!
Initially, I thought that my daughter would have the need to have her tooth extracted, but she recommended taking child-friendly antibiotics and some painkillers instead. According to the doctor, tooth extraction is not necessary for kids younger than 10 years old.
If the pain caused by the bacteria infection can be put on “sleep mode” by the antibiotic, there is no need until the extent of tooth extraction, since the milk teeth will eventually be replaced by the permanent teeth. So, how to maintain weak and decayed milk teeth? Well, this is when GC Tooth Mousse comes in handy.
So, what GC tooth mousse exactly is? To those who have never heard of this, you should know that It is a cream that is normally applied to gums and teeth to provide extra protection thus help neutralize acid challenges from bacteria in plagues. It specifically contains RECALDENT to provide a concentrated source of calcium and phosphate which strengthen and protect your teeth.
What’s In The Box?
- Tube containing 40g (35mL)
- 1 x 40g tube in each flavor
Pure water, Glycerol, CPP-ACP, D-sorbitol, CMC-Na, Propylene glycol, Silicon dioxide, Titanium dioxide, Xylitol, Phosphoric acid, Flavoring, Zinc oxide, Sodium saccharin, Ethyl p-hydroxybenzoate, Magnesium oxide, Guar gum, Propylp-hydroxybenzoate, Butyl p-hydroxybenzoate
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use this mousse?
The mousse may sound specifically designed for kids, but the truth is for everyone! Babies, toddlers, pregnant women, and adults are recommended to try out. Now, how does it benefit everyone?
- Baby: Useful for babies under 2 years old as it raises essential minerals and inhibits tooth decaying bacteria’s growth. Baby’s deciduous teeth are very vulnerable to acid attack, thus by applying GC Mousse, the calcium and phosphate level is boosted, which assists in the normal post-eruption maturation process as well as replaces mineral loss on daily basis.
- Pregnant women: During pregnancy, tooth decay risk increases drastically. Due to hormonal change, the ability of saliva to counteract acid reflux caused by morning sickness decreases. With GC mousse, if you are pregnant, GC mousse can protect your teeth from decay.
- Junior Kids: This is a crucial time to practice good oral hygiene. Start applying GC mousse on your young junior’s teeth to protect the permanent teeth from decay, thus lead a healthy lifestyle for the future.
- Adults: If you regularly use GC mousse, you can prevent plaque accumulation around the brackets, arch wires, springs because it can assist the saliva in countering acids produced by dental plaque.
Can you leave it on overnight?
You can expect best result if your toddler wears it overnight. Rule of thumb is the longer GC Tooth Mousse and saliva are maintained in the mouth, the higher the effectiveness will be.
Will it expires?
While GC Tooth Mousse has a relatively short expiry date, it is recommended to buy a maximum of 2 tubes, where each lasts about two and a half months
How often should I use it?
Optimum results are achieved when patients start to apply GC Tooth Mousse a week before the whitening procedure, twice a day after flossing and brushing.
How do you keep it?
Recommended for optimal performance, store in a cool dry low humidity area away from direct sunlight (8 to 25 degree Celsius or 46.4 to 77 Fahrenheit)
What is Recaldent?
Recaldent is a unique form of calcium for teeth. Its casein complexes remain in the plaque layer for up to 3 hours after chewing, leaving a ready pool of calcium and phosphate ions.
How many flavors does the GC Tooth Mousse have?
You have five fruit flavors to choose from: Strawberry, Melon, Vanilla, Mint, and Tutti-Frutti. My toddler preferred the Strawberry flavor, so picked that for her.
Directions For Use
- Prior to and following in-office bleaching.
- After ultrasonic, hand-scaling or root planing.
- Following professional tooth cleaning (P.T.C).
- After application of topical fluoride.
- To provide a topical coating for patients suffering from erosion, xerostomia or Sjogrens syndrome.
Day Time Application After Tooth Brushing
- Apply a sufficient amount of GC Tooth Mousse to upper and lower teeth. A pea-size amount for each arch is the minimum required. The material should be applied to the tooth surfaces using a clean dry finger or cotton tip. For difficult areas (between the teeth) us an Interproximal Tooth Cleaning Brush or dental floss coated with GC Tooth Mousse.
- Leave GC Tooth Mousse on the teeth undisturbed for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Then use your tongue to spread the remaining GC Tooth Mousse throughout the mouth. Hold in the mouth for as long as possible (a further 1-2 minutes) avoiding expectoration (spitting out) and delaying swallowing. The longer FC Tooth Mousse and saliva are maintained in the mouth, the more effective the result.
- Expectorate thoroughly and if possible avoid rinsing. Any GC Tooth Mousse remaining on the surface can be left to gradually dissipate. Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes following application.
Night Time Application After Tooth Brushing
- Apply sufficient amount of GC Tooth Mousse to upper and lower teeth. A pea size amount for each arc is the minimum required. The material should be applied to the tooth surfaces using a clean dry finger or cotton tip. For difficult areas (between the teeth) use an Interproximal Tooth Cleaning Brush or dental floss coated with GC Tooth Mousse.
- Leave GC Tooth Mousse on the teeth undisturbed for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Then use your tongue to spread the remaining GCTooth Mousse throughout the mouth. Hold in the mouth for as long as possible (a further 1-2 minutes) avoiding expectoration (spitting out) and delaying swallowing. The longer GC Tooth Mousse and saliva are maintained in the mouth, the more effective the result.
- Expectorate thoroughly and if possible avoid rinsing. Any GC Tooth Mousse remaining on the surface can be left to gradually dissipate overnight. Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes following application.
- Saliva will enhance the effectiveness of CPP-ACP and the flavor will help stimulate saliva flow. The longer CPP-ACP and saliva are maintained in the mouth, the more effective the result.
- GC Tooth Mousse with its unique CPP-ACP formulation was developed at The School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne Victoria Australia.
- Always replace cap after use and remove any residual paste or moisture around the tube neck or inside the cap.
- In case of contact with eyes, flush immediately with water and seek medical attention.
- In case of spillage on clothes, wash off with water.
- If any angioedema symptoms are experienced, this may indicate sensitivity or allergy to the benzoate preservatives, or to some other component of the product such as a flavouring agent. In this event, discontinue the use of the product and refer to a physician.
- Some products referenced in the present IFU may be classified as hazardous according to GHS. Always familiarize yourself with the Safety Data Sheets available at: https://www.gceurope.com
- RECALDENT is a trademark used under license. CPP-ACP technology has related patents or patents pending in Australia, Europe, Canada, and the USA.
Where To Buy?
Oral hygiene is equally important as general health well-being. Therefore, good oral hygiene should start at a young age and should be maintained daily. With the GC Mousse, you have the best opportunity to conserve optimum oral hygiene among you and your family members.